Dr. Mark Samaha
Dr. Mark Samaha Montreal Facial Plastic Surgery
1240 Beaumont Avenue, Suite 200
Mount Royal, QC H3P 3E5
Phone: (514) 613-3004
Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–4 p.m.
Rhinoplasty Cost in Montreal
The average cost of rhinoplasty in Montreal is between $9,000 and $20,000. Of course, there may be the occasional surgeon who charges less but most plastic surgeons in Montreal are within this range.
What Is Included in the Price of Rhinoplasty in Montreal?
The cost of rhinoplasty in Montreal at our facial plastic surgery clinic includes the surgeon’s fee and the operating room or facility expenses. These include utilities, operating room staff (nurses, technicians), equipment, sterilization, and medications. It also includes all follow-up visits, regardless of how many are required and all care provided in the post-operative period.
Cosmetic surgery, and rhinoplasty in particular, is not the time for bargain hunting. Given that this is likely one of the top 5 decisions a person makes in their lives, patients need to ask themselves: “Do I want the doctor who changes my face for the rest of my life to be the cheapest or a trusted and skilled facial surgeon who costs a bit more?”
Why Choose Us for Your Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Dr. Samaha’s practice focuses exclusively on facial surgery, of which rhinoplasty makes up a large proportion. He has been in practice since 2002, over 21 years, and has performed over 2,700 cosmetic rhinoplasty surgeries and over 3,000 functional nasal surgeries (nasal surgery for sinus and breathing problems), as a practicing surgeon, not counting the surgeries performed during surgical training. He is surrounded by an experienced and dedicated team of assistants and nurses, most of whom have been with him for years and are very experienced in the care of rhinoplasty patients.
Meet Dr. Mark Samaha
A double board-certified otolaryngologist whose practice focuses exclusively on facial plastic surgery, Dr. Samaha is highly qualified in facial aesthetics. Learn more about our physician and how he's carefully refined his skills to sculpt your beautiful face.Meet Dr. Samaha
Understanding Price vs. Value
Choosing based on price may be wise when purchasing a car or a computer. If the same product with the same specifications is sold for less, it is wise to purchase it from that vendor. However, when it comes to surgery, every surgeon is not the same and every clinic is not the same. Such an important decision as facial surgery should not be made based on price.
Therefore, it is important to look at value rather than price. A patient should ask themselves: “What am I getting for the money I am spending and why should I spend more for one surgeon over another?”
In considering value for money several factors are important to consider:
- The surgeon’s skill and experience.
- The surgeon’s results and reputation.
- The safety record of the clinic.
- The service: How well are you informed prior to surgery? Will there be proper follow-up?
- Is there a dedicated, experienced team to take care of you before, during, and after surgery?
- If there is a complication after surgery, even though rare, do you feel you will be well taken care of?
Saving money, even a significant amount, will be meaningless if the result is poor. Your nasal surgery would then need to be revised by a more expert surgeon, with a new fee in addition to the bargain fee initially paid. In such cases, which are all too common, the result is paying for the procedure twice and having two surgeries, including a more complex revision (second) surgery where the outcome is less predictable.
Similarly, if you do not feel confident that you have been well informed, that the doctor and the team are experienced and attentive, or that you will be well taken care of during the entire process, no amount of bargain or savings can compensate for that.
Rhinoplasty Surgeon’s Skill and Experience
The choice of the surgeon operating on your face should be made based on which surgeon is most likely to safely deliver the result you are seeking. Generally, a “bargain” surgeon has lower fees because he/she performs the occasional rhinoplasty procedure, as opposed to a rhinoplasty expert who generally charges higher fees proportional to their skill and experience.
With rhinoplasty being a complex surgery, experience matters a lot. A rhinoplasty surgeon with only a few years of experience is not likely to achieve the same results as a surgeon who has performed many surgeries over their years of practice.
Things to Look for and Ask Before Choosing a Surgeon
Considering the cost of rhinoplasty in Montreal, it’s important to look for and ask about several important things:
- Ask to see multiple photos of the surgeon’s work. If the surgeon has only a few before and after photos to show you, it may indicate that they haven’t performed many rhinoplasties.
- Ask how long after surgery were the “after” photos taken. If it is less than 6 months after surgery, the nose will always look good since any imperfections or poor results may still be hidden due to residual swelling. Therefore, if you are shown before and after photos of patients less than 6 months after surgery, be suspicious. Similarly, this applies to photographs capturing the noses of patients still on the operating table.
- Ask how many years the surgeon has been in practice.
- Ask how many esthetic rhinoplasty surgeries the surgeon has done in his/her practice, as compared functional rhinoplasty procedures, which are performed for breathing problems, without addressing the esthetic aspect of the nose.
- It’s important to ascertain the number of surgeries completed as a practicing doctor, not during their surgical training, where the doctor would perform only a part of the procedure under the supervision of an experienced surgeon.
- Ask to see procedure-specific testimonials or reviews. A surgeon may have an excellent reputation. However, if his reputation was developed because he obtains the best results for breast surgery or liposuction, he may not be an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.
Rhinoplasty should be a once-in-a-lifetime operation. Reducing such a decision to solely choosing the cheapest price possible undermines its significance and importance. Understandably, finances present a reality of life for most people. Not everyone can afford rhinoplasty with the surgeon they prefer at a given moment. If that is the case, it is best to wait until you can afford the fees of the surgeon who is likely to deliver the best result rather than choosing a surgeon who may not suit your needs based on price alone. Bargain shopping for plastic surgery can be a very dangerous, and ultimately more expensive decision.
Request your rhinoplasty consultation with Dr. Samaha online or call (514) 613-3004 to make your appointment. Dr. Samaha serves patients from the Montreal area, including Quebec City, Laval, and Gatineau.Back to Top